When integrated into an EMR, Lexicomp's drug reference content and drug interaction data will help you achieve the clinical decision support component of Meaningful Use. We have worked with hundreds of EMR vendors to help them go through the process of certification. Lexi-Data, as an integrated component of an EHR, supports the CMS definition of Meaningful Use:
Lexi-Data supports the use of computerized physician order entry in both inpatient and ambulatory arenas:
- Provides a drug list of dispensible products
- Data for drug-drug, drug-allergy and drug-disease interaction screening
- Data to support duplicate therapy and dose range checking for pediatric and adult patients
Data that allows users to generate patient-specific education handouts
- Medication leaflets in 19 languages for both adults and pediatrics
- Soon we will have available disease/condition/discharge instruction leaflets
- Maintenance of active medication and allergy lists
- Promotes interoperability with its ability to map to standardized vocabularies.
We offer a variety of delivery methods of the data which include:
- Our Web API solution empowers integration of all Lexicomp content. Consistent API programming calls save time and allow clinicians to launch from their internal applications into our clinical databases, utilizing whatever delivery platform they choose.
- Our Web Services platform is written for compatibility with Microsoft® .NET™ and Java™ programs. XML data can be obtained via standardized calls and is then processed and returned in real-time. Your application will retrieve and parse the content into your display, making complete customization a reality.
- If live Internet calls are not preferred, XML datasets are available for download from an FTP site and incorporated directly into the database.
If you have any questions about Lexi-Data, please contact us!